Welcome to FCET Ekiadolor-Benin
- 05 May 2023
The College has rich resource and scientific asset which enables student development and promotes economic, technological and social change. It promotes the exchange of knowledge, research and innovation and equips students with the skills needed to meet ever changing labour markets. The College promote and encourage teacher education in Nigeria and also gives students education for development and self-reliance.
We are delighted to welcome you to the Federal College of Education Technical Ekiadolor, Benin, we look forward to learning, exploring, and growing together. We trust you will find unlimited opportunities for growth here at the College.
THE JOURNEY SO FAR
- 1. Dr. Emmanuel Nkoro Asagha - Provost.
2. Mr. Henry O. Itedjere, - Registrar.
3. Mr. Solomon Ediae - Bursar
4. Dr. Tony Obaseki - College Librarian.
The College started on a right footing with the inauguration of the Governing Council of the College in 2022 with the appointment of the following Governing Council Members
- 1. HRH (Prof.) S. E. Aduwa-Ogiegbaen - Chairman
2. Alhaji Aliyu B. Usman - Member
3. Mr. Pius Ekiregwho - Member
4. Mrs. Stella Ogwu - Member
I. SCHOOL OF GENERAL EDUCATION.
II. SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- i. Automobile Technology
- ii. Building and Architectural Technology
- iii. Electrical/Electronics
- i. Business Education
- ii. Agricultural Education
i. Integrated Science/Biology
ii. Mathematics/ Biology
iii. Computer Science/Biology
v. Computer Science/ Chemistry
vi. Integrated Science/ Chemistry
vii. Mathematics/Computer Science
viii. Computer Science/Physics
ix. Computer Science/Integrated Science
x. Integrated Science/Mathematics
xi. Integrated Science/Physics
MANDATE/OBJECTIVES OF THE COLLEGE
1. To establish a citadel of learning for Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
2. To produce disciplined and qualified teachers for the enhancement of Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
3. To ensure professionalism in Technical and Vocational Education in Nigeria.
4. To encourage the advancement of Research in Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) amongst Teachers.
Public Relations/Information Unit
Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme Unit (SIWES)
Admissions/Exams and Records
Budget and Fund Management
Payroll and Salary
Technical Services Unit
Periodical and Special Collection Section
1. Completion of College Access Road
2. Rehabilitation and Furnishing of the Administrative Building Complex with car park.
3. Rehabilitation and Furnishing of the Academic Building Complex
4. Procurement of 1 No. Toyota Hilux 2020 Model, TETFUND Take Off Grant
5. Procurement of 1 No. Toyota 2020 Model Hiace Bus, TETFUND Take Off Grant
6. Two (2) No. 100 KVA Perking Sound Proof Diesel Generator procured for the College
7. Modern Laboratory Equipment and Chairs
8. Clearing and Opening of the School Premises
9. Procurement of 2 No. Toyota Hilux 2022 Model (Project Vehicle)
10. Rehabilitation of twin 250 seater capacity lecture theatre
11. Procurement of Medical Equipment
12. Computerization of Registry, Bursary and Library Record
13. Procurement of furniture and fitting for Admin blocks and schools.
14. Provision of Photocopiers
15. Procurement of teaching aids, laboratories equipment.
16. Procurements of library books, shelves and furniture.
1. Remodelling/Rehabilitation of The College Clinic
2. Constructions of one number borehole and renovation of existing borehole.
3. Provision of Electricity to various Offices and Class rooms.
4. Upgrade of College website and training
5. Procurement of scanners
6. Procurements of Printers
7. Procurement of Computers
The College officially commenced operation with a total of 154 staff, with 25 Adhoc staff, 15 Cleaners and 25 Security Personnel.
TOTAL NUMBER OF STUDENTS IN THE COLLEGE
The Total Number of student admitted to the college as at date, 325, out of which 10 students are on scholarship by the Provost.
The following are the breakdown of students in various schools.
- SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION- 202 Students
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES- 82 Students
SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION- 31 Students
SCHOLARSHIP STUDENTS- 10
RESUMPTION AND COMMENCEMENT OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
The College officially resumed on the 4th of August 2022, For Administrative and Academic preparations. The students resumed on the 2nd of December 2022, while Lectures started on the 19th of December 2022.